Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Self Evaluation of My Academic year (2009)

Introduction

When we approach to the end of the academic year is important that everyone analyze which have been the results. I study Sociology and I'm in my fourth academic year, my last year to get my degree. Now I'm closer to obtain my academic qualification and after that, to entering to the working world as a sociologist.

My self-evaluation of this academic year includes the evaluation of my learning and my academic performance. In general terms, this year has been intense, useful and beneficial; of a lot of readings and investigation works. We have applied what we have learned during the entire career and my academic performance has been satisfactory.

Body

The self-evaluation of the academic year have principal points to explain: these are the learning obtained and the results in my academic performance.

In relation with my learning, this year I learned many things like new subjects, new strategies of teamwork with my classmates, and new challenges in labor practice. The topics and curses this year have been extremely interesting and I have reaffirmed my liking for sociology's themes.
Teamwork has been crucial in this year, because much of the work and test has been in group assessments. It is not easy to work as a team, but the learning is very significant academically. Another learning obtained was the fact of working with institutions as “SENAME” and NGOs “ENMARCHA” in the area of public policy. It was really a very rewarding experience.

With regard to my academic performance, in this year it was generally satisfactory, because in some classes I was excellent and in other subjects my performance was equal or better than average. I was not endangering any class because of my grades. This auspicious scene kept me with anxiety but after all, relaxed. It is for this reason that the "balance" of my academic year was in my favor. My performance make me very happy because all the effort realized of obtaining those results have been worthwhile.

Conclusion

When I got into the university, I never thought that I would get the last year to achieve a degree. My objective of being a professional and being a sociologist is getting closer, thanks to everything I've learned during the career and especially in this year; all that because of my effort and the support of my family. I am very happy that all these years of study and sacrifice can be translated into academic, professional, and personal success. The academic year 2009 was an excellent year, I learned a lot, I had new experiences and I managed to overcome several challenges with acceptable performance.

No comments: